Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lipscomb News

Luke sent me a link to a news page from Lipscomb. The page has at least 2 articles about engineering activities at Lipscomb; two that he was involved in. One was building and using a catapult, and the other was the Baja car project. There are pictures included. You can read about it here.

The other wonderful news coming out of Lipscomb is that Ryan Chastain from Mitchell won the highest athletic award you can win at Lipscomb. It was presented Saturday night right before Tim Tebow spoke to a huge crowd. Ryan is an amazing runner and a great young man. You can read about it here in an article mostly about Tebow's speech. The article also mentions Diamond Rio being there and performing.

Speaking of Diamond Rio, I bet you didn't know this - the lead singer and I were at Lipscomb together. One time we were walking across campus, going in opposite directions, I looked at him and said, "hey." He said the same thing back to me. Another significant brush with fame. I have been blessed with several.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allen,I share the same first name as Ryan and I have ran many miles with him. Does that count a brush with fame? We have said more than "hey" :)
RR

Allen said...

Yes, Ryan, that certainly counts as a brush; fairly big one actually.