Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Wednesday

Wednesday. Already.

I get my computer back today. I sure am glad. It's clear to me that I am too dependent upon it, but I'm not sure what else to do. I found myself over the last couple of days wanting to email people about things, but I didn't have the addresses. I wanted to look up things that I have written in the past, but they were not easy to access on old back-up files. Oh well... All will be well by midday. I am way behind on lots of things, but I will catch up.

Last night we went to Rebecca's volleyball game. It was senior night, and the team played really well. Afterwards there was a nice reception for the senior girls. Since Rebecca is a junior she and the other juniors were in charge of organizing gifts etc. It was all very nice.

During the game I was sitting near some friends. One of them is an old high school classmate. He jokes around constantly; very entertaining. He got up and was headed to the concession stand, and as he started he looked at me and said, "Do you want a drink?" I joked with him and said, "I don't drink." He laughed and said, "I'm going to the concession stand, not my car." He then looked at me very seriously and said, "You know I have never had a drink; not one in my entire life." He went on to laugh and say, "I'm the one who used to drive our drunk classmates around." I found the revelation of his abstinence very refreshing.

Today is a busy one. Run. Pick up computer and catch up on my usual computer things: templates for Sunday, email Text Experience Sheets, answer emails, initiate things with email, etc. Teach at Oakland City; test day today - easy for me! Visit a few folks. Get ready for WEM. WEM. Teach class. I need to make several phone calls...

Got a call yesterday at church from an old friend who now lives in Africa. We were friends a long time ago when he was a student at Lipscomb. He was recently kidnapped in Africa and was delivered by the hand of God. He is in Nashville and called the church office yesterday while I was out. I will try call him today.

No comments: