Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tuesday

I know this sounds crazy, but I love a rainy day like today. Looks like it's going to rain for a while. I'm holed up in my office at home with my Bible and books studying our text for this week. I still don't have my computer, so I am at a little disavantage. I'll survive.

Today is Tempo Tuesday. For the last several weeks I go to meet one of my running partners for a 5 mile tempo run. Today was no exception. We warm up for a little over a mile and then "temp" - a sustained run at a pace slower than a 5K but faster than marathon pace. We've been running ours at 7.45. They are getting easier. I think I could have run several more at that pace today. This is very encouraging to me. Rethinking the Boston Qualifier thing...

Well, I better dig into the text (again). The challenge of this particular text is how much it covers. It talks about lying, anger, speech, stealing, and being imitators of God. How can we cover all that in 22 minutes? The bottom line, as always, is to treat others the way God treats us. Mercy, Grace, Forgiveness.

No comments: