Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Gotta Stay outta Russia!

Well, the doctor said the reason my computer is getting sick is my love for Russian reading! Or something like that.

Part of my morning ritual is to read newspapers from various places around our country and from around the world. One of my favorite stops is the Moscow Times (English version of course), but I guess I will give it up, along with The Turkish Daily News. The doc says these foreign sites, especially Russian ones, are notorious for making surfers sick.

The doc asked me, "Why don't you want to read that stuff anyway?" I guess it's because I've been there and hope to go back again. I just like to see what's going on in daily life in Moscow and Istanbul. I also like to get a view of what they think is important in this world. I find all that interesting, along with a foreign view of our culture. A long time ago I learned in sociology 101 that you cannot really know your own culture until you experience another one. True.

Farewell Russia!

No comments: