Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Friday

I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to blog these days. I'm OK with that.

There is a lot going on but it all seems manageable. Peace and joy are hanging around; nothing has been able to run them off for quite some time.

Tomorrow I am going to do something that I have not done in years: run the Persimmon Festival 5K. It won't be very fast, but I'll give it a good shot. I've tried to take it a little easier this week. I had a 20 miler on Tuesday that was pretty rough; it was warm and humid. I think I have recovered from it. I'll do 5 today.

The Honduras situation is a mess, which is messing slightly with some of my plans. I've learned that God's timing and mine don't usually match up. Wonder whose is right? We shipped a load of Bryantsville corn yesterday. It was supposed to go to my buddies in Honduras, but we still don't have the import permit. Later in the day my main shipping source sent me a message that the permit came through, but I still haven't seen it.

Last night was supposed to be my Festival appearance. Got rained out. I'm sure disappointed people roamed the streets of Mitchell longing to see me. Maybe some other time. Actually they can see me in the parade. I'm a Grand Marshall you know! Really, I am. Know one knows why for sure (ha ha), but the the ministers of Mitchell were chosen for this honor. All of us feel a little awkward about it. I'm sure there will be (good-natured) endless abuse about it. I think I am going to wear my lime green leisure suit.

Life is clipping along pretty well right now. My OCU-B work is going well. I have 13 eager students. Really. They are wonderful to teach. Running is going pretty well. Church seems to be going pretty well; periodic low attendance bugs me, confuses me. But hey... The family is doing well, best I can tell. My Honduras plans are shaping up; just waiting on the Lord. Doing a lot of smoking (meat). It's addictive.

OK, I'm not just much in the mood to do this right now, so check back sometime. I think this place will become active and useful again. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Grand Marshall? That is cool, so are you going to ride on the back of a car like a beauty queen?
No really, that is great, enjoy it.

David was asked by Our Congressman, Brad Ellsworth, to call him today to talk about Honduras. He has been communicating with his office staff for a few weeks now. I told him to email you when he is finished.

Have a good ride in the lime green Leisure suit!

Pat Arthur