Monday, January 21, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Monday Morning

The Pathfinders came to our house last night. Troy and Jamie drove them out and did a great job of leading them in a meaningful discussion. It was great to see them all.

Go Giants! I wouldn’t call it hatred, but I really do not like the Patriots. It’s kinda neat to see Eli doing so well after being denigrated quite a bit earlier in the season by fans and the press.

Did you see/hear that the press has already prepared an obituary for Britney Spears? Wow, that’s pretty sad, but I guess her bizarre behavior leads some to think it might be needed before too long.

Have you ever written your obituary? Back when I worked in hospice this was a common thing in the training process of volunteers. People who are working with the dying need to have confronted the reality of their own demise. It’s a good thing to do. What would people say about you at your funeral? Death is an interesting thing, but, thanks to our relationship with Jesus, is nothing to fear (Hebrews 2).

Tony is off today for Martin Luther King day, so we are going on a long run this morning. This is his last long one before the 50K on Saturday. I have 6.5 degrees right now, but I am hoping the sun will warm things up a bit. Actually once you get going the cold is not that bad. One neat thing that happens is that your eyelashes get icicles on them!

I am presently reading Islam for Dummies. It is very interesting and appropriately titled for me. I’ll share some of the more interesting parts with you at some point.

Check back some this week. I am starting to feel the urge to write.