Saturday, January 19, 2008

From The Home Office on Saturday Evening

Wow, the blogging bug has disappeared. I am really trying to do a lot of waiting right now, which I think is a key part of the sabbatical rest. I’ll keep waiting on the blogging bug, but in the meantime I will tell you that I am alive and well.

It’s been a good week of transition. The trip Down Under was full of activity and emotion. This week has been a counter to that. I have been doing a fair amount of reading, and I made a trip to IU’s library yesterday and checked out about a dozen books. They cover everything from life in Istanbul to the Graeco-Roman setting of the book of Acts to a book on church councils (many took place in present day Turkey). I am also reading a book on Islam and a little about Russian history.

I had lunch with Pat A. yesterday, and then I stopped by to see Todd T. Last night I went to the Mitchell high school basketball game. There I had nice talks with Bigg Daddy and his horse queen, the Eubanks, Troy, and a few others. Just call me Mr. Social.

Went for a run with Tony this morning; the 9 degree temp. kinda made me miss that Down Under summer. In related news, I have withdrawn from the Mountain Mist 50K. My knee injury took away 4 key weeks of training. I think I could do the deal, but it would be a struggle. Tony is going to go ahead, and I predict he will do very well. The run is on Saturday, one week from today.

I am concerned about the GE plant closing. Robin R. works there. Pray for him and his family.

Since I have been away from you I have worshiped with the church in Tasmania, in Auckland, and in Bryantsville (twice, including last Sunday evening). I am still trying to decide about in the morning. I am really enjoying seeing how others worship. It is very refreshing.

Well, here are a few pictures of where I am hanging out most of the time.

<