Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jet-Lagging

I’ve been doing a lot of staring at the walls for the last couple of days. I think I am coming around a little better today. My brain is still not fully engaged, but, hey, that’s not that unusual.

I just talked to Wayne a little while ago, and he wanted to know what I thought about this sabbatical thing. I said, “still trying to figure it out.” I explained that it started just a few days before Christmas, so there were lots of “Christmassy” things to do which meant there wasn’t much “down” time. Then as soon as Christmas was over we left for 18 days “Down Under,” which was full of excitement and stimulation. I think the resting part is just now starting. I have a little more than 3 weeks before I head to Russia, Greece, and Turkey.

I really enjoyed watching the snow yesterday, but when I went for a run it was a little shocking to the system. I had more than 2 weeks of running in warm “shorts and singlet” weather, and even though I was dressed for the cold, yesterday still was quite an adjustment.

I am hoping for a little snow tomorrow...

Check back here from time to time. I have lots that I want to say, but I am going to wait until I am a little more alert.

Thanks for all your support.