Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday


Good morning, Friday! So how's it going today? It's one of the coolest mornings in a while, low 20s. The stars are shining brightly. It looks to be a beautiful day on the way.

My goal this morning is to get ready for Sunday. I have a counseling appointment mid morning and a lunch after that, so I have some valuable time this morning to complete what I started yesterday. I have to stay focused. Kedra and I have plans for this afternoon. She is already warning me of "mission creep," you know, adding this stop and that stop to what we already have planned. Nothing a Kindle book can't fix, along with a nap in a sun drenched car, perhaps.

Yesterday was good! We had the excitement of the school being in a lock down mode, due to a couple of guys trying to harm a police officer. All of that carried over into the rest of the town. They finally caught both guys, so all is well again.

I ended the day with a good run. We are working toward establishing a Thursday run at 4:45 from Parkview. It's going pretty well. We slightly alter the usual Hillcrest Circle 5. We had 7 runners yesterday, including Tim the Elder, who has had some knee trouble of late. It was a very pleasant run on a nice sunny late afternoon.

The pool is calling my name for an 8 p.m. meeting. Then in the morning we are running 7 miles. After that we are going to the pancake breakfast fundraiser for Mark Ryan. It should be a fun, full morning.

I bit the bullet and committed to riding my bike outside on Sunday afternoon. It looks to be cool--in the 40s--and now probably cloudy. The forecast for most of the week has been for a sunny Sunday. Oh well, time to man-up and get back in the saddle.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: