Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday

Cora enjoying the warm morning yesterday
Good morning! Here we go - another day, another gift from God. I'm a little on the draggy side this morning. I was sleeping well until I heard Kedra's phone ringing at 2:30 this morning. I woke her up to answer it, asking, "Who is it?" I'm always concerned it will be one of our children with a problem. Caller ID said it was not one of the children and was from someone we did not know, so she didn't answer it. The problem was both of us did not sleep well the rest of the night. That's the way it goes sometimes. I'll be fine. Hey, I'm an Ironman - ha ha. And you know I had to stay up past my bedtime to finish the event.

Yesterday was a busy one. There seemed to be lots of stuff going on all around. The most interesting thing was a woman who came to the food pantry. I know her. She used to work for me along time ago. She does not ask for much and only when she really needs something. As I was talking with her, helping her, she thanked me for helping her daughter in law a while back. I really did not know who/what she was talking about.

As she explained the situation and described the person we helped, it all came back to me. I can't go into details, but it was a messy situation that required discernment and a real risk that we were being conned. We opted to help anyway. The conversation yesterday confirmed we did the right thing. It's rare to get these confirmations. The woman yesterday was tearfully grateful to us (church) for helping her family through a real mess. It's nice to get a little positive feedback and assurance we helped someone. I take it as divine encouragement and am thankful.

Last night I got to run with Jim, Bill, John, and little with Tim M. Tim met us as we were coming back. I have really missed running with my buds, so this was nice. I think we are going to get our Tuesday night runs established again. Who know - there may even be a trip to Wendy's afterwards? We all agreed if we did that, we would swap the frosty for chili. And we would have to eat less than after a long ride.

OK, I really need to get moving... Catch you later.


No comments: