Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Tuesday

Cora enjoying Spring Mill Park
Good morning! It's going to be nice, and as many surmised, it looks we are "going from winter to summer." Please don't complain about the warm, the heat. Please don't. Remember how long it was cold?

It's going to be a great day today. I have some writing to do and a few other projects beyond my normal duties, which should make the day enjoyable. I end the day by driving a bus to the track meet at BNL. It should be a great night for a track meet. I will also use the time to do a little prep for Sunday.

Yesterday started with an early 5 mile run, which went better than the one on Friday. Each run is now getting better, so I am pleased about that. The old hamstrings may just make it after all. I was back home and cleaned up by 8 a.m.  I was there to wait for a chimney sweep.

He was coming to do a yearly cleaning. He was supposed to arrive between 8 and 9. At 9 his office called to say he was on the way. I appreciated the call. He arrived a little before 9.30. How long do you think this cleaning should take? 1 hour? 2 hours? Try 3 hours! I was really surprised. It did force me to miss a meeting. Oh well.

Those 3 hours were some of the more productive 3 hours I've had in a while. I got a ton done, which is going to be very helpful during this very busy season of life. I finally made it to church a little before 1. There I was able to continue my path of productivity, helping out with the preschool graduation, which is rapidly approaching. I am taking on several projects for them right now, since we are a person or two short on staffing at church.

As I was working in the afternoon, a  young man came to the door. He was a young man I recognized from years ago. He used to attend church some before moving away. He wanted to come by to see what was going on. He is about to be deployed to the Gulf with a National Guard unit. It was really nice to visit with him for a little while. I prayed for him before he left.

Right before supper I took off for a 21 mile bike ride. It was so nice to sweat on a ride! I have had to battle cold riding for so long. I do not like riding when it's cold, but I have done it, knowing I need to. Ironman is less than 6 months away. The ride went well, though my legs felt the previous 120 miles from the last 2 days.

I got home, grabbed a bite before heading to a church softball game. It was pleasant to watch Lester and Ben, along with their teammates. After the game, I had a little time before swimming, so Kedra and I met at Tropical Snow for a little refreshment. Then I finished the day with another mile in the pool.

Since I completed a reverse triathlon yesterday, run, bike, swim, with incredibly long transitions, I think today is going to be a rest day. I feel the need for it. I've been going at it pretty hard for several days.

I hope your day goes well. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: