Thursday, May 08, 2014

Thursday


Good morning! What a nice, pleasant morning!

Last Friday, when I was smoking meat, I decided to re-hang my birdfeeder. I moved it because it was in my way for my new smoking set-up. I have placed my smoker so I can see it from my home office, thus I can monitor temperature while working. This has taken some of the fun/joy out of smoking, because now I end up working instead of relaxing. Oh well that's something I have to work out.

Anyway, I moved the birdfeeder. As I hung it, I thought, "This is now in a position for squirrels and raccoons to easily access it." I was hoping they would find adequate food elsewhere. I had a hunch I would be wrong. I was. Last night Kedra and I were wakened by two big fat raccoons fighting on our deck, right above where the feeder is. I broke up the fight, only later to be woke up again by fighting raccoons.

This morning the feeder is empty and a little torn up. And I am a little sleepy. Oh well. Now I have to decide where to move the birdfeeder.

Yesterday was one of the busiest days I have had in a long time. I started out with a decent 5 mile run before it all started. I saw several people yesterday and got several administrative tasks done that have been hanging around. Our new assistant will start before too long. That is going to be a tremendous help.

I hope you have a good day! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: