Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday

Run start
Good morning! It's going to be a beautiful day and a warm week. My air conditioner needs replacing, so I need to get on that this week. Sounds like we are going to need it soon. I am not excited about spending the money to get a new one, but I think in order to stay in the husband of the year and father of the year race, I must do it.

Let's see, where were we. Let's pick up with Friday. Kedra and I left home a little after 7 a.m. She had a huge praxis test at IU. I dropped her off and headed to breakfast with my good friend, Pat. After breakfast, I headed out to the Bike Doctor for a couple minor adjustments on the Kestrel. Then I continued to wait for Kedra to finish up her test. Pat prayed for her at breakfast, and I continued to pray for her success.

She was taking a test that would move her math teaching license from the 9th grade level all the way through 12th. This is a hard test. It includes calculus and other things that are well beyond me. Around 11, I got the text I was waiting for: "I PASSED!"  I am so proud of her. Now we need to find her a teaching job close by. Math teachers are in fairly high demand, so we are pretty hopeful.

After I picked Kedra up, we made our way over to Terre Haute. We had plenty of time, so I was able to finish purchasing a few things for Luke's rapidly approach wedding. I needed a new shirt, tie, and belt. Check, check, and check. The rest of the afternoon and evening involved eating, resting and packet pick-up, including checking out the lake. It was so cold Friday afternoon; it even hailed on us at one point.

I slept well Friday night, and you can read below to see what happened Saturday morning. I will add to my race report the race was not super-organized. I find this frustrating, and I afraid it may die as a result. Oh well. The main frustration was how long it took at the end for the awards. I missed out on some activities I planned to attend at Camp.

We got back home around 3 and got a few things done in preparation for Sunday. Sunday was busy: class, church, preschool program, wedding shower, followed by life group at our house. I left home at 8:30 and got back home literally at 5:00 p.m., right before our small group arrived. It was a good day but a busy one.

This week features Ben's high school graduation. I still have one more day of smoking before then. I am trying to carve out that time. It's going to be one of those where I get the smoker going and have to run back and forth to town to get things done. I don't like doing it that way but don't see any other way.

Two weeks after Ben graduates, Luke gets married. I think I better buckle up. The ride for the next couple of weeks could get a bit crazy. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: