Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday

Contemplating the day ahead: eat, sleep, be incredibly cute
Good morning! I hope you are well today!

I guess it is going to be warm and windy today. That's OK with me. I'll take it, and I am going to try take this day "off." I've had a busy week, and tomorrow is going to be busy. On Saturday I am speaking all day at church, so I will be quite busy in prep and delivery. Today is the day. Jimmy and I plan to get some quality bike miles in.

Yesterday was really nice. I had a meeting with a handful of ministers in town yesterday morning. At one point I felt like I should have taken off my shoes. It was holy ground. There was such a spirit of honesty, encouragement, and truthful sharing about life and ministry. There were a couple of guys older than me, considerably older, who shared how they worked through struggles of life. It was what I needed.

I did slip out later in the day, before supper, for a 25 mile ride. I needed that too. It was windy but warm. It's a great time to process all the stuff that runs through my mind. Solo rides are considerably different from group rides. I really enjoy both.

OK, enjoy this wonderful day, another gift from God.

No comments: