Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday


God morning! Twenty-two degrees. Hmmm. I think it was 60 when I woke up yesterday. I took off a little earlier than usual yesterday morning. I wanted to get my run in before the temps fell too much. I ran, the best I could, right into the northwest wind so I could have a tailwind on the way back. I think by the time I got finished it was around 50. It really wasn't that bad. It was pretty dark most of the time. This morning I will go out again. This time just the coldness will be the challenge, but it will be ok.

So how are you this morning? I was up again around 4:30. I slept well to that point, however, so I think I will be good for most of the day. You would think with the time change I would actually be waking up later. Oh well. Speaking of time change, we are headed into Central Time today. Kedra and I are heading south.

We are going to Nashville, spend some time with Luke, Rebecca and their "significants," and spend the night. In the morning we will make our way to Huntsville. Kedra's parents have some significant health issues, so Kedra wants/needs to be there to help out in various ways. I am the driver/supporter. We'll be back Saturday night. Poor old Ben, he's going to have to fend for himself again.

If everything aligns correctly, then I hope to get an 80 mile ride in the Huntsville area, sometime tomorrow. Surprisingly, the weather there is not supposed to be much warmer than here, but it still should be pretty pleasant. There are some good places to ride around Huntsville. The challenge tomorrow is going to be a strong SW wind. My routes mainly go SE, so I will deal with it both ways. It should be good prep for Ironman Florida, which likely will be windy.

I hope your day and weekend goes well! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: