Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday a.m.

Rolling down the Natchez Trace
Good morning! Well, here we are, back home again in Indiana, ready to do what I do. This is a busy time of the year, heading toward Easter and then the crazy-busy month of May with all its activities. It's all good, and I hope to use the busyness as a motivator for efficiency.

Kedra and I had a wonderful time away. We were at Orange Beach, AL for a few days and then returned to Huntsville Saturday night. We checked in with her parents Saturday night and Sunday a.m. We got home last night in time to get settled back in and to see sweet Cora Jane for a little while.

The weather last week in Orange Beach was not great beach weather, but we simply did not care. It was nice enough. We just enjoyed being with each other in a relaxing environment. I was able to ride and run a fair amount, but mostly red flags (one day of yellow) kept me out of the water, which was disappointing.

On top of the 100 miler on Monday, I was able to add another 93 miles. I was hoping to get  well over 200 miles for the week, but the weather on Friday and Saturday morning didn't cooperate. I didn't need/want to force anything. Riding around Orange Beach was much like the Ironman course will be: flat and windy.

On Friday it was raining and raining hard most of the day. I love rainy days, so I was good with it. I suggested we go see the Noah movie. See what I did there? Anyway, wow, that movie is a mixed up mess. I'm glad I saw it, but it is pretty far removed from what I read in Genesis. I'm not a stickler for everything having to line up just right, but this is one is just plain weird and a mess.

OK, I've got a lot to do. It's best to take just a little chunk at a time. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: