Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday

I was telling her about my next sermon.
Good morning! It was a late notice, but there is a 2 hour delay. That's better than calling school off totally. The temp is dropping fast with the wind howling in.  I am thinking of trying to get a run in very soon, before it gets really cold and windy. We'll see.

Let's see, what can I talk about or tell you this morning? Hmmm. Well, I had a good day yesterday. I got lots of stuff done, and the weather was a bit of a surprise. It got warmer than the predicted high. I had my day all planned out, so I wasn't able to get an outdoor bike ride in. The only negative about riding outside would have been the possibility of lingering ice/slush patches on the roads.

I did get a good 5 miler in yesterday morning before the sun came up. The sky was red, so this sailor knew to take warning. No sailing across the sea for me. I did get in the pool last night and swam a little more than a mile, which is the farthest I've gone. I saw a woman there last night. She did not swim last year but did 2 years ago. I was thinking back a couple of years...

Two years ago I had not started swimming. It was in February that I got in the pool and looked like a scared cat that had been thrown in. Rand H. watched and with a deeply concerned forced smile said, "OK..." And that began the long slow painful journey. I am still not there but I'm getting close. Ironman is in November. Before then I want to do a few other triathlons, including some without a wetsuit. I believe I will make it.

OK, I guess I better get some running clothes on and get going. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: