Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday a.m.



Good morning! Here we go again - a new day and a new week! I’m thinking this is the week little Cora Jane makes her entry into the world. We are looking forward to meeting her. She is officially due to arrive on Wednesday.

Wow, that was a good weekend. It went fast and I managed to cram a lot of things into it. It’s a fairly busy time for me right now, and I tend to thrive on that and the steady pressure it applies. I get a little more efficient and focused in all areas.

On the endurance side of life I had a good weekend. I went to the pool Friday night, after watching a few of our church boys play JV ball. I made my way back and forth across the pool. It all totaled up to 1600 yards. My next goal is to move on up to the mile. I was almost there and probably should have done it Friday, but we got a late start. I was the last one out of the water, I think.

Saturday morning I ran my first 10 miler since September, and it went fairly well. I was pretty pleased with the effort. My hamstring did fine, so hopefully I am ready to get going again. After the run and a quick breakfast, several of us hit the Energy Lab for a spin. I got another hour in.

Yesterday was a long, full busy day at church, but I managed to squeeze in a 21 mile ride outside. Bill and Scott joined me, and then we rode into Troy outside of Orleans. He quickly turned and headed out to 337 on a quest to ride the strong south wind to a time trial course personal record. He got it, averaging 26 mph, but there was too much of a western part of the wind that prevented him from taking the course record away from Iron Bill.

Wow, this is going to be another busy week, and I am ready. I woke up at 4 and quit fighting the urge to get up around 4:30. Here we go!

No comments: