Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday

Good morning! Cold enough for you? I wonder how many times we'll hear that question today? We need to come up with some clever answers. I am going to have to rely on you, because I am just fresh out of clever right now. Maybe I will get some for Christmas. It's coming soon, you know. Two weeks from today it will be over.

Yesterday it hit me that we are going to be grandparents fairly soon. Maddie is due January 15, but at an appointment yesterday she learned the baby appears to be ahead of schedule. Little Cora Jane already weighs 6.5 pounds and evidently has hair. The color was not determined. ha ha.

At the recent toy sale, I bought little Cora Jane a swing for the yard. Buying an outside swing in the midst of all the snow and cold takes some faith and imagination. I have found that getting older gives me the peaceful perspective of how things change and cycle through. The seasons pass so quickly, so there is no point in getting too worried about the weather. Enjoy everyday as a gift from God.

Endurance athletics shortens seasons also, especially when you are focused on training cycles. The weeks get away fairly quickly. For a marathon I usually look at a 13-18 week training cycle. I have probably read at least 20 books about Ironman and training for it. The training cycle for it is considerably longer, up to 30 weeks in some programs. I can already feel November approaching, even though "official" training won't start until spring. It's all good. I know soon the snow will be gone and temps rising.

We are headed to Nashville this evening, where we will eat and spend the night with our friends, the Lavenders. Rebecca and her friend will join us for dinner. Luke and Lydia had something else they had to do. Tomorrow we will go on down to Huntsville to spend some time with Kedra's parents. Rebecca, Luke and Lydia will join us there. We will return Saturday. Looks like we might come home in the snow?

OK, I better get going. I have lots of things to do today. I am going to spin first thing this morning. That should be a little warmer than running outside.

No comments: