Friday, December 13, 2013

It's Possible



Letters to Santa Claus are pretty common at this time of the year.

"Dear Santa, you did not bring me anything good last year. You did not bring me anything good the year before that. This is your last chance." -Alfred

"Dear Santa, there are three little boys who live at our house. There is Jeffrey; he is 2. There is David; he is 4. And there is Norman; he is 7. Jeffrey is good some of the time. David is good some of the time. But Norman is good all of the time. I am Norman."

I’m not Norman. Are you? You might relate more to the next story.

A boy was asked by his teacher, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"I want to be possible," the boy answered.

"Possible? Of all the things you might be, why do you want that?" the teacher asked.

The boy replied, "Because my mom and dad are always saying I’m impossible."

Every feel that way? One of the beautiful reminders of Christmas come from the angel’s words to Mary, recorded in Luke 1:37.

"Nothing is impossible with God."

God makes possible dramatic change and salvation for any and everyone, including you. The result is peace and joy in the midst of a world that is often chaotic and destructive.

This is the message of Christmas.

No comments: