Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Seldom is heard



Home on the Range is the state song of Kansas. Did you know that? I didn’t.

I like the chorus:


Home, home on the range,

Where the deer and the antelope play;

Where seldom is heard a discouraging word

And the skies are not cloudy all day.

"Seldom is heard discouraging word." I like that, and I’d like to live there. You too? Where I live, some would say, "Seldom is heard an encouraging word."

Discouragement tends to dominate and draw the most attention. A while back someone told me discouragement always has Satan as its source. After thinking about it for a long time, I believe that’s right.

Encouragement is rooted in God and his goodness. Encouragement seems in short supply at times, so let’s make sure we are a part of the solution. Encourage someone every day in a meaningful way. You might just find that some of it comes back your way.

Hebrew 3:13 — But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

No comments: