Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday

Good morning! I hope you are doing well on this new day, another gift from our loving God. I feel a little older today, but I guess I should since my birthday was yesterday. ha ha. I had a pretty ordinary day, which should be expected for a pretty ordinary guy. There were some highlights to the day that ended with an 800 yard swim. And that was not one of them.

THE highlight of the day was a nice dinner prepared by our children. We had all 6 of them there. I'm including Lydia now, since, at engagement, she has crossed over to nearly official status. We joke about family pictures when the kids are dating. We take one with the prospective spouse and one without, saying we never know how things will work out. Lydia is always in the picture now.  June 8th seals the deal for real.

Our celebratory meal last night was two-fold. My 55th birthday,and the thing I was most aware of is that I am now in a new age group for athletic competition. It is much better, usually, to the be the youngest in your age group. Sorry, I digressed. The second reason to celebrate was Kedra's completion of her second degree. She is now a licensed math teacher looking for a job.

It was perfect timing. Her diploma came in the mail yesterday from Western Governor's University. She has worked really hard for the last 2.5 years to complete everything, while holding down a full time job. Math teachers are in short supply, so we think should find a job nearby in the fall. In the meantime, the high school held her position as tutor, so she is doing that again, after student teaching this fall.

It was a nice evening of good family time. I received a few nice gifts, including a couple of books. We had yummy stir-fry with cashew nuts, followed by my favorite cake, angel food. You are aware that you are what you eat? Yes, angel food. OK, some smart-alecky person is saying, "Yeah, and you ate nuts for the main course!" OK, whatever.

The Give Thanks 4 is coming quickly! Wow, preregistration is doing really well. We ordered more t-shirts yesterday. I am down to my final punch-list of things to do. I have some really good help, which makes it possible.

OK, gotta get after it. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: