Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday

Give Thanks 4 course
Good morning! I hope you are doing well on this new day, another gift from God. It's going to be on the cool side, but that's OK.  Looks like a few snowflakes could be flying around the area.

Did we have a weekend? Sure didn't seem like it to me. My trip Thursday pushed my work to Friday, but Friday got crazy in the good sort of way so my work got pushed to Saturday. All of that's fine, because Thursday was a really good and needed day for me.

This week is going to be short and extra hectic. I usually get energized and super-efficient in times like these. I sure hope that happens. It needs to happen. This week is Thanksgiving, which means I have a road race to direct. I have lots of good help, thankfully. Our pre-registration has doubled over previous years! Yikes!

The kids are all around for a few short days, so I want to spend some good time with them. It was so nice having them all around yesterday. They all seem to be doing well and enjoying life. They are full of energy and ideas. I love them all so dearly.

I am going to venture out after while for a few miles. I aggravated my hamstring by playing with the kids Wednesday night after church. I was kicking a ball back and forth. I kicked it pretty hard and felt the undoing of my rehab. I don't think it's too bad. My goal is to have it ready to roll on January 1. I ran 4 easy miles Saturday. I need to get that up to 6-7 by January, with a view of weekly 10 milers all winter.

My bike trainer is all set up in the Brick House Energy Lab. This is Jim S's creation in an old house he owns. Several of us plan to spin 2-3 times a week. It's so much easier and whole lot more fun to spin with others. I hope to rack up a lot of trainer miles this winter, but I also plan to ride outside as much as possible.

OK, I need to get after this thing.


No comments: