Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday


Good morning! It's Monday and will be all day long, but I hope it's not a long day for you. It's Makeover Monday for me. I have dentist appointment to deal with a broken tooth that I have been dealing with for a couple of months. Then I have an appointment with the eye doctor to deal with my declining vision. Then I'll top it all off with a haircut. How can you top all that excitement?

Hmm, it just hit me --- all this activity is north of my neck. Maybe I should get a psych eval as well. Nah. I'd probably fail and that would be discouraging.

Lester and Ben went to the Alabama/LSU game in Tuscaloosa on Saturday. They had a great time! On the way down they stopped in Nashville for lunch and were able to connect with Luke and Rebecca. They got someone to take the photo above. It was neat to see all four of them together. Of course to the original four we have added Maddie. Next we will add baby Cora Jane, and then Lydia will come in on June 8.

The addition of 3 females will shift the balance of power in the family. I told Maddie the next baby has to be a boy. This would restore the proper order of things. Oh, just save your critical comments, I'm just kidding. We could not be happier to have Maddie, Cora Jane, and Lydia. The boys managed to marry UP.

It was a busy but good weekend. I did manage to take Friday afternoon off. I rode 35 miles on my bike. It was cool but nice. The best part was riding with Troy. Right as I was getting ready to roll, he sent me a text saying it would be a good afternoon for a ride. I called him, and we arranged to meet in Orleans 45 minutes later.

We rolled through Orange County and had a nice time. He continued on and racked up 70 miles. He is an animal on the bike. It was good to have the company. I got out again yesterday for a short 21 miler, along with Scott and Bill. It was on the windy side, but it was good to ride. The company was great and entertaining, as usual.

Saturday was a busy day. I got an early and short run in, and then it was off to spend the day at church for the ReGeneration Christmas Decoration sale. That went well, but it was tiring. The clean-up is the hard part, but it went well. I think I was home by 5.

Yesterday was good. Sunday is always busy. Hey, it's the only day of the week I work. We all know this. Squeezing in a bike ride meant not watching football, which seemed to be a really good thing, since the Colts forgot to play yesterday.

This week is going to be a little different, due to a different format for Sunday. Hopefully it will give me an opportunity to catch up on some things and to get the Give Thanks 4 race a little better organized.

I hope you have a great day and week! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: