Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday

Good morning! It's on the cool and damp side out there, but I don't see any snowflakes. I miss the October weather. Maybe it will return in November? All the winter forecasts seem to think it is going to be a cold and snowy winter. I'll make my prediction in April. I think it will be very accurate.

Ben and I went to the doctor yesterday and found out his ankle is not broken, which was a great relief. It is sprained. The doctor had a fancy lace-up brace in his office, so Ben is all fixed up and ready to go for Friday night. I'm glad. It would have disappointing for his season and career to have ended last week and not even know it.

With a funeral on Monday and a doctor's visit yesterday, I am running a little behind this week, but that's OK. I been around long enough to know that I'll catch up and it will all be OK. I need to have a really good, productive day today.

I'm reading through the Bible this year, and so far I'm still on schedule. It's always a challenge to stay on schedule, but I make it a priority, and it's one of the first things I do in the morning. I'm reading through The Message, a paraphrase by Eugene Peterson. I like it for the most part. This morning I read this, which was a good reminder for me. It's from 2 Timothy.

So, my son, throw yourself into this work for Christ. Pass on what you heard from me—the whole congregation saying Amen!—to reliable leaders who are competent to teach others. When the going gets rough, take it on the chin with the rest of us, the way Jesus did. A soldier on duty doesn’t get caught up in making deals at the marketplace. He concentrates on carrying out orders. An athlete who refuses to play by the rules will never get anywhere. It’s the diligent farmer who gets the produce. Think it over. God will make it all plain.

For many years I found the word and the concept of faithfulness to be the key and the main thing for me. I believe that's what Paul is getting at here. Being faithful regardless of what is going on around you will sustain you. Right?

Oh! The picture? This 5 foot beauty came into the Store yesterday. It is made of tin and is pretty cool. I'm not sure where it would be proudly displayed, though Ben wants it. I think Kedra said no.

OK, I need to get after it!

No comments: