Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Love Her



I bought a dress this week! I’m not one to buy dresses, but I saw this dress in a store that I’m associated with and just had to have it! It’s for my granddaughter who will be born in January.

Even though I’ve not met her, I have a love for her that almost makes me melt when I think about it. How can I love someone so much?

I love her because she is a part of me and related to me. I love her at a very deep emotional level, and later on, when I may not feel all these feelings, I will still love her unconditionally. I’ve made that decision.

It’s very helpful to realize God loves us like that! From the moment of your conception he has loved you and will love you forever. Look at these interesting passages of Scripture.

Psalm 139:13-16

. . .You created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Job 10 (The Message)

Oh, that marvel of conception. . .
What a miracle of skin and bone, muscle and brain.
You gave me life itself, and incredible love.
You watched and guarded every breath I took.

Oh, how he loves us!

No comments: