Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Tuesday a.m.

This is amazing to me!
Good morning! I think you can click on the photo to make it bigger, if not you can click here to see just how big Africa is. Wow! Africa is on my list. I really want to go there. There are so many things I would like to see, including the Nile River and lions and tigers and...

Looks like a nice cool morning is going to turn into a warm day. I love October. I need to get out and get my run done a little earlier this morning. I have a meeting to attend, and I'm hoping it has breakfast!  I ran 6 yesterday morning, and my glute really protested. I'm not sure what that means.

I drove the cross country bus to Oolitic last night for the junior high team. Larry M is one of the coaches, and he had one of those roller torture things. I used it on my sore muscle until I was about to cry. This morning's run should be interesting. He and others swear by the device.

This week is meeting week. I have one this morning and another one in the morning. That changes everything a little bit, so I have really be on my toes and not waste any time. I got a lot done yesterday, so I am off to a good start.

This evening we are going for a bike ride. Our usual 37 miler is now down to a 20 miler, due to daylight issues. I have missed the last 2-3 weeks, so I may have trouble keeping up. I have noticed the average pace for the entire ride is close to 20 mph. Oh well, I know the way back home - ha ha.

This week's sermon prep is interesting. I'm entering into that mysterious world of suffering. There are lots of ways to think about it. This week, using primarily Hebrews 12, I will think through the lens of suffering as discipline. It's a very tricky area. I don't think all suffering is loving discipline, but some of it probably should be understood in that way. But when?

This is a good book to think through suffering. I read it recently, It is Yancey updating an older work of his that I have found very helpful in the past.

OK, need to run. Literally.

No comments: