Thursday, October 03, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Crossing from US to Mexico
Hey, has anyone seen my get-up-and-go? It must have got up and went without me. Dragging. Maybe this second cup of Honduran coffee with bring it back. I have learned to keep moving and keep doing even when you don't feel like it. I think that's called responsibility, duty, discipline, etc. ha ha.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I wasn't supposed to be in Mitchell yesterday, so it gave me some opportunities to do some things I needed to do. I worked on getting my Think Along daily thoughts back up and running. I am changing the format and the way I will disseminate those, which makes getting them going again a little more challenging. I'm just about there. I hope to start on Monday.

The Give Thanks 4 race is coming up soon, so I did considerable work on it yesterday. I hope I have persuaded the Mag 7 guys to open online registration. This will be our 4th year of running it. It is a very enjoyable event.

Speaking of running, the Persimmon 5K happened on Saturday. I had a pretty mediocre run. I was fighting my right hamstring all the way and settled for a 22.23, which is about a minute off what I've done the last couple of years, I think.

It was still a fun event. Luke, Lydia, and Rebecca all ran. Lester was busy running a marathon. He had some problems, probably heat associated, but finished with a 3:20ish time. It was another good experience on his quest to break 3 hours. The marathon is a beast that is so hard to tame.

Today is prep for Sunday day. I'm hoping my get-up-and-go comes back soon! I hope you have a really good day!


No comments: