Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday a.m.


Good morning! Wow, I thought I was mixed up last week. With the holiday and all, I was one day off. This week I am really off, since we were in TN Sunday, Monday, and part of yesterday. So, it's Wednesday? That's OK. And did I see that 40s and 70s are on the way? Wow!

We left for Chattanooga, TN Sunday afternoon. Kedra's cousin died of cancer, and his memorial service was Monday afternoon. It's about a 6 hour drive. We got there Sunday evening, saw Kedra's family, and headed to bed.

Monday a.m. I got up and ran 7 miles in parking lots and on busy roads. It was a bit of a crazy run, but it got done. After that it was breakfast and then to the funeral home. Everything went well. Charles was a really good man. He served in the military for a few years when he was younger. He was buried in the National Cemetery, which is really a neat place.

The poem IF, in the post before this one, was on the paper they pass out at the funeral home. I thought that was an interesting choice. I did not ask why it was chosen. Chrissie Wellington, the great Ironman woman (that sounds funny), loves and lives by this poem when she competes.

Wow, I am a little behind, so I will get going for now. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: