Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday a.m.


Good morning! Thursday. Prep for Sunday day. We'll see how that goes. I have a good feeling that it is going to go well. Why do I feel this way? Because late yesterday afternoon I got started on it and have a fairly clear direction. Then last night in my class things got even clearer for me. We'll see how it goes.

I am ready for the heat and humidity to ease some, and it looks like it is going to ease a lot. This will certainly make running easier. I am doing some speed work this morning, and I know it will be a challenge. I did have a good run yesterday morning, in spite of the conditions.

After yesterday's run, I am 32% complete with the Mizuno Mt. Fuji Challenge. It is simply to run 80 miles in 16 days. I have 26 miles in after 3 runs. Today I will add another 7 or so. Since it encompasses 3 Saturdays, I shouldn't have any trouble. Saturdays are long run days. I plan to do another 14 (at least) on Saturday. I am finding Strava to be a good training friend. This little challenge is helpful. The segments in biking are good too. They tend to make me want to go a little faster and work a little harder.

Yesterday was a varied day, as usual. I had a morning meeting, which forced me to run a little earlier than usual, starting before 7. I ran by the football field a couple of times. Why? Because Ben and the team had a 6:30 practice yesterday morning, to beat the heat. I am hoping for a good win tomorrow night. They need the encouragement.

The trip to Honduras is taking shape. We have new tires, a good alignment job, and a mechanic going from bumper to bumper. Now I need to work on all kinds of documentation. I am also calculating fuel costs for a 3200 mile trip. Soon I will start looking at airline schedules out of San Pedro Sula. I'm excited about the trip. Kedra is not, but she is ok with it. ha ha

Here we go!

No comments: