Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday


Hello there, good morning! Friday. Another beautiful, perfect in the eyes of several, day awaits us. It is going to a busy one for me, but that's quite alright. I still have a lot of Sunday stuff to finish up, a lot of Honduras stuff to finish up, ribs to smoke, a yard to mow, and a bunch of other stuff. It's all good.

Luke and Lydia surprised us by coming in last night, instead of today. It was a very nice surprise. I thought it odd that Lester texted and wanted to come over last night. He came over for popcorn. I thought maybe he wanted to talk about his marathon on Saturday. While we were chatting with him, Luke and Lydia walked in. Everyone but Kedra and I knew about the surprise. Good stuff.

Well, the big trip starts Sunday. I think I have all the needed documents in place to cross 3 borders. They are getting notarized today. We are also taking a limited amount of supplies down with us, including a bunch of soccer balls and cleats.

Ryan R has been busy organizing a collection of soccer equipment. Yesterday he reported having more than 60 balls already plus lots of cleats! It is going to be great to take these things down. They will be a blessing to lots and lots of children in Central America. Marc and I are thinking some of these may be good incentives (could read bribes) for border agents to let us through (ha ha). If we have to give up a little as we go, then they would still be put to good use.

Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year. The Persimmon 5K is always fun and festive, and then the parade in the afternoon is always enjoyable. Tomorrow's weather will enhance the enjoyment. Having all my children around will take it to an even greater level.

I doubt I will be able to post next week on my trip, but if I can, I will try. We appreciate your prayers for our safety and for the ambulance to make the trip trouble free. My portion is right at 3000 miles. Thanks!

No comments: