Monday, April 01, 2013

Monday a.m.

Good morning! I'm back at it I suppose. I had a little slower week last week, since I didn't blog and do my thought for the day. I will be honest and say it is a bit hard to get back into a routine today. A lot of times we leave on spring break, and we were planning on going to Alabama this year but changed our plans. We ended up staying home and working some and breaking some. It worked out pretty well.
 
Oh! We also now have a chimney! And our basement is of a normal temperature. It is so nice to have the house back to normal after having experienced 7 weeks of no main source of heat.
 
Rebecca and Luke both returned from their mission trips to Central America last week and both had a great time/experience. They were both able to come for the weekend. It was so good to see them. It's always hard, as it was yesterday, to say good-bye, but they are both in good places doing good things.
 
I got quite a bit of work done last week. Of course Easter was coming all week long. It came and I think it went well. Easter falling on Spring Break is not the most desirable situation, but it happens from time to time.
 
It was a pretty good for endurance training. I ended up with 75 miles on the bike, 30 on the run, and 1700 yards in the pool. Most of it happened at the end of the week. I took Friday afternoon off, after speaking at a Good Friday service. I met up with IronBill, Tim G., Jake F., Dan D., Troy Y., and John H. I was wanting 50 miles.
 
We rolled out of Lighthouse and headed toward Washington County, via Amish country and Orleans. Tim G. only needed 30, so he turned back at Orleans. The rest of us made our way out 337 to the county line. Bill suggested a paceline back. There was the obligatory excuses and jokes about it. It was all in vain, because it was going to happen. "We'll keep it to 20, 21 mph," promised Bill.
 
He kept his word and we kept together. It was a pretty comfortable effort, with an occasional small wind assist. A March paceline - whodathunkit? I'm glad it happened. We rolled on into Hucks for some refreshments. Then it was a nice 15 miles back home, including a couple of fast miles down the highway at 30+ mph. We averaged north of 17 mph for 53.5 miles. I will take it. Gladly.
 
Saturday was a nice morning for a run. I needed 15 to get 30 for the week. Most people wanted and did 10. Rand went 4 more and Scott went 5 more.  I was happy to get a nice long run in, and it felt good. I didn't know how the old body would handle a long run the day after a 50 mile ride. So far so good...
 
OK, this could be quite a crazy week, so I need to get after it quickly. Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

No comments: