Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday a.m.

Good morning! It's Friday and it's cold and windy outside. Thankfully the promised life-threatening storms never made it, but it did rain a lot overnight. I went to bed late and got up early, and when I woke up, I woke up to all the news about one of the Boston bombers being dead. I'm guessing the second one will be the same before the day is over. It would be nice to take him alive, to find out why they did what they did.

Luke made it safely to Liberia yesterday. It was a long flight, mostly overnight Wednesday. He will be there for 10 days working. He says it is hot and humid there.

Yesterday was a good day. The highlight of the day was visiting a young family. They have a young baby who has had major, life-threatening health issues. Several have been praying for the baby. He recently had surgery and survived and is doing well. A friend of mine initiated raising some money for the family, to help with all their extra expenses. More than $500 was collected, and I had the joy of surprising them with the news and with a check. They were very grateful, and we had a nice prayer of thanks together.

Today is still shaping up. I have 2-3 meetings that need to take place. I am waiting on some others to tell me the best times for them.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: