Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm Ready


Last Friday, Kedra and I, while traveling from Tennessee, stopped to eat in Kentucky. While we were eating, the hostess seated a solitary man at the table behind us. I was struck by his attire: white cowboy hat, suede vest, jeans, and white boots with long fringe coming from the top. The boots went to his knee; his pants were tucked inside.

Next the hostess brought in another solitary man, a very talkative man. I noticed he struck up a conversation with the cowboy. I heard the end of a speech, something about "all the atheists live in China." The cowboy nodded in silence.

As we were leaving our table, I heard, "Hey!" It was coming from the talkative man. I Ignored it. I heard it again and ignored it again. Then he said it too loudly to ignore. "HEY!" I looked at him, and he motioned while saying, "Come here!"

He leaned toward me, and I leaned in slightly, "Yes, sir?"

He then said, "When the trumpet sounds, make sure your feet get off the ground!" He smiled and waited for my response.

With a smile, I said, "I’m ready!" He smiled back, and said, "God bless you!"

1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 — For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

No comments: