Friday, March 08, 2013

Friday a.m.

Rack to Road this weekend
Good morning! It's Friday and it's going to be warmer today! What's not to like about all that? Kedra has a couple of doctor appointments today in Bloomington and Bedford, so I am going to hang with her some. Plus, I will make my way out to see the Bicycle Doctor to get my freshly tuned bike. I like the looks of this day already.

It was certainly an eye catching headline:

Hot Chicks: at 60 Peeps More Popular Than Ever

I knew what this article was about, but I didn't realize peeps were 60 years old. I love peeps. Some people hate them. Here's the other thing that is controversial: I like my peeps with about 2 days of staleness on them. They are fine fresh, but for the best in eating pleasure, I like to open the package and allow them to age for a couple of days. I like a little edge on them, a little bite to them. Oh man, I think I know what will be purchased in the near future. My mouth is watering in anticipation.

So Chavez is dead. When we were in Honduras for the first time, in the summer of 2009, we had an exciting and interesting experience. Some would describe it as a coup. It really wasn't that, but there was certainly a major change in the government which created all kinds of panic in the country. We couldn't get out for a few days, so we kept working and had a wonderful time.

Anyway, while we were there, early in the panic, one of the rumors flying around was that Chavez had troops on the border and was ready to come in and take over Honduras, establishing one of his buddies as President. That's my best Chavez story.

Yesterday was amazingly productive. I love it when things work well and all kinds of good things happen. Yesterday was like that in lots of ways. Today will allow me to do quite a bit of reading. I'm really enjoying another Tim Keller book. I've read several of his works in the last year or so. He's kinda my "go to" guy right now as far as reading is concerned. I'm also reading a deep theological work by one of the Duck Dynasty guys. I also downloaded Bobby Knight's new book, which was a great deal on Kindle, something like $5.

See you on Monday!

No comments: