Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tuesday - Honduras Feb 5, 2013


Hello! I hope you are doing well. I have not done a very good job of keeping up with things at home, so I am assuming all is good where you are. I hope it is not too cold. Some of you will accuse me of being something or another, when I tell you this. The weather here is so nice. It is about 60 at night, and then around 80 in the daytime. In Guajire, which is north of 5,000 feet, it is probably only in the mid 70s.

I have been able to run every morning before breakfast. The altitude and the big hills are good for my training. It is such a neat place to run. The little village of Ojojona is a quaint place with dusty little streets. I run around the village to warm up and then take off up the big hills to Santa Ana. Coming back is sweet! Lester ran with me this morning.

We went back to Guajire today. It was a great day! We got our outhouse just about finished. We got the floor poured. The locals mix up the concrete on the ground. Before they mix it, they have to carry the materials up a path. We also are constructing a pila, which a water tank. It is being constructed by the locals out of concrete block. The blocks also have to be carried quite a distance. Some of the men carry 3 at a time, and some of the women carry 2. Even the small children can carry 1.

There was such a neat environment today. There were lots of people all working on different things to improve the church facilities. Everyone was happy and, though we could not communicate super well with words, it was clear that a bond is growing.

Everyone is doing really well. We are being well fed each day. Tomorrow we go to the dump, and then we will prepare food for distribution on Friday. On Thursday we will finish the outhouse and build a house.

Keep praying for us! Here are some photos. Just click on one of them to go to the album.

No comments: