Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Good morning! I hope you are well on this new day. My office was 48 degrees this morning, but that's better than the 17 degrees outside. It's now up to a balmy 55. My right hand is cold and not wanting to type this, so we'll see how we get along this morning. I was in contact yesterday with the insurance company and the person who is going to fix my chimney. We are making progress, but it's slow.

So are we going to get some ice tonight? Sounds like it. I hope it holds off for a while this evening. I have a couple of activities that I would like to see happen.

Today I get to try make the Day of Atonement into an interesting sermon. This could be one of the bigger challenges of late (ha ha). The stuff of Leviticus is so far removed from the way we live. Yet there is a depth and richness that we need to appreciate. I have a feeling it could be a long day today and tomorrow, wrestling this thing to the ground.

Rebecca and Luke are coming home this weekend. I am so excited about seeing them. The time is always too short, but it will be great to have them for a little while. I have a trip to Lipscomb coming up in March, so I should get to see them again soon. Luke has trips scheduled to Guatemala and Liberia, and Rebecca is going to Mexico for a spring break mission trip. Luke's trip to Guatemala is to lead a group of students on a mission trip, and the one to Liberia, which is still shaping up, is for work.

OK, I better go thaw my hand. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: