Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Wednesday morning

Luke & Lydia
Good morning! Some of you went back to work today, didn't you? I remember, from years ago working a secular job, the dread of returning to work after vacation or extended time off. I hope, if you had dread, it quickly goes away and you get back to enjoying your work. My work is unusual in so many ways. In some ways I am never off, especially thanks to modern communication. I'm not complaining because I also am blessed with more flexibility than most. Oh well, enough of that.

Luke left yesterday. He was home for more than a week. We thoroughly enjoyed having him around. Lydia joined him/us a few days ago, and that was nice too. I always get sad when Luke leaves. I miss him so much, but I'm proud of him and know is where he needs to be right now.

Rebecca leaves on Saturday, so we have a few more days with her. It will be sad to see her leave also, but she'll be in Nashville and not Costa Rica. We should be able to see her a little more often than we did in the fall.

I hope your new year is off to a good start! I have several goals that I will share with you soon in a separate post. My running got off to a good start yesterday. The annual New Year Day run saw 43 of us running the streets of Bedford. I did 7 miles. You know how I did 1500 last year? Scott Breeden, a good friend of some of our running friends and a guy who runs with us occasionally, ran a total of 5,437 miles last year. Wow! He is amazing (and young). He won the Tecumseh trail marathon and an ultra event out west. He's a very nice young man. 

OK, I have lots of stuff to do, striving to ramp back up to The Routine. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: