Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! Wednesday - the long day. I like it just fine, because it ends with my Wednesday night class. We have a nice group, a diverse group, and lots of good discussions about lots of interesting things.

Of course Wednesday for most people signals a move toward the weekend, which is a time of rest from their work. For me, it just points to the one day of the week I work. You know that joke is so old, but it keeps coming up. I just go with it. It's hard to measure what people like me do with typical measurements, I think.  I find that the results of some of my work does not show up until years later. I believe that's nature of the Kingdom of God. A lot of times it is surprising to me.

Yesterday I ended up, again, on top of scaffolding on a ladder, and I had to go a step higher than the previous day to reach what I needed to help out with. I think I reached the end of my comfort level yesterday, which is fine, because there was no need to go higher. I helped our maintenance guy with this. He was grateful, and I felt useful. I should have had some pictures taken, I suppose. It was Tuesday, not Wednesday, and I was working.

We ran 7 miles last night as darkness descended. The darkness is a little slower to arrive these days, which is nice. We deemed it too cold to do a tempo run, so we did a couple of miles of fartleks. Now isn't that a funny word? It is Swedish for "speed play." You run hard for a little while and then back down. Repeat several times. It was a good workout. The cold was not that bad really. Even though the temps on Monday were higher, I think it was more challenging to keep warm then. One word that makes a huge difference: wind.

I spent some good time with some good people yesterday, all the way from a fellow minister to an old couple who struggle to make their limited amount of money reach to the end of the month. Some months they don't make it. They are simple, frugal, and I enjoy talking to them.

So what are you doing today? I am going to let this day unfold and remain flexible. I have several things I hope to accomplish that involve the usual things of study and people.

Have a good one!

No comments: