Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! Did I miss something? Why is it raining this morning? I admit I did not see any TV weather forecasts yesterday, but I don't think this was supposed to happen. It's fine with me, because it will help melt the snow a little faster. Then we'll be ready for some more! You know, you really should watch your language! ha ha  It's nice to wake up to mild temps, and I am very excited about the very warm weather coming. I may get a couple of rides in outside (interesting wording). Bill and I tentatively set up a ride late Friday afternoon, and I'm thinking maybe another one Saturday afternoon. We'll see. I want to get a lot bike miles in early on this year. I would love them to be outside instead on the indoor trainer.
 
Kedra had a good day yesterday. Her pain decreased dramatically. She is not using the prescribed pain meds -- something about not trusting the pharmacist (little joke, since Lester is her pharmacist). She is managing the pain with over the counter stuff. We are going to sell the other on the street to help pay for a dishwasher. Just kidding. That was my idea, since I am now washing most of the dishes. Our dishwasher went out before Christmas, and we decided not to replace it right now in order to avoid some expense. I didn't know Kedra was going to break her wrist. It's tough sometimes.
 
In between waiting on my queen yesterday, I got a considerable amount work done. I got a lot of good study done, and with cell phones and email, it's easy to do a lot of other work as well. Today I need to venture out quite a bit, but I will check in between meetings to help her out. She is doing well, but she has very limited use of her right arm presently.
 
Last night was Tempo Tuesday. We are easing into our normal format, so last night, after warming up for a couple of miles, we ran a mile hard, regrouped, ran another mile hard, regrouped, and run the 3rd mile hard before regrouping for our 2 mile cool-down return to our vehicles. We had 16 people participate last night! That's the most I've ever experienced. We have a lot of new Let's Go members. Let's Go is Jim Sowders' Marathon Training group. It's designed primarily for new runners, helping them on the journey to distance running.
 
I was fairly pleased with my performance this early in the training cycle. My goal was to do 7 minute miles. I ended up with 6.59, 6.51, and 7.05. The last one frustrates me slightly and is instructive. I gave up on it. I thought I was very slow, so I just kinda cruised it in. Bad boy! I should have pushed, even though I thought it would be slow. If I had pushed just a little harder, then I would have gone sub 7. That's OK, part of the tempo run is to train the mind to be tougher as well.
 
Alrighty! I hope you have a really good day today. Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

No comments: