Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday morning


Can't wait to see smiles like these! Good morning. How are you? It's Tuesday and it's going to be windy today. And warm! Weirdly warm. I'm not much of a believer in man-made global warming, but our weather does seem to be different than it used to be.

I do remember, as a kid in school, that the big concern then was that another ice age would overtake us. Glaciers would descend from the north and flatten us. I don't care much for this word, but it works for me in this issue: whatever. Don't take that to mean that I endorse irresponsibility when it comes to caring for the earth. Why am I talking about all this?? I don't know. Let's move on to the usual boring stuff.

Yesterday was an ordinary day in that it saw unusual things. I'm still working with some people to get someones heat fixed. There is so much waiting involved, and it's hard to tell what the wait is about. I do know that it can lead to frustration. We'll try again today.

I spent some time yesterday afternoon in court. It was a pre-trial hearing involving a case where someone died. I sat with the deceased's mother, listening to lawyers do their thing. The mother had to listen, yet again, how her son died at the hand of the young man sitting in the room. I can't imagine how hard that must be. She did well.

The court session ended just in time for me to connect with 2 Tims for a run. I was thinking 5 or 6, but Tim S said, "8." I said, "I think so." I had to figure out if I had enough time to do that, clean up, eat and get to another meeting. "Why not!," I said. We had a nice 8 miler. It rained on us some, but I didn't get cold; felt pretty good really.

I made my next meeting, which I will tell you about some other time. It ended just in time for me to get to the pool for a swim at 8 p.m. I managed another 750 yards, so I was pleased with that. It was a good day in the world of endurance training.

Today I have a couple of meetings, prep for Honduras, a few people I need to see, and then I will end the day with Tempo Tuesday. Should make great time heading north on the run! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: