Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Hey, good morning! How are you on this new day? It looks like it is going to be a rainy day, which is fine with me. Warm weather, really warm weather, is coming, which is also fine with me. I am thinking bike rides outside on Friday late afternoon and Saturday afternoon with a 10 mile run in between. That would be really nice and a nice surprise for early to mid-January.
 
Yesterday was a good day with a lot of good busyness. We had a nice ministers' meeting, meaning the meeting was nice, not necessarily that the ministers are nice. Well, I guess most of us are nice, at least at times, so I suppose it works both ways. Actually we have a very good group that gathers. We really do like each other and work well together. We are talking about have a bigger day of caring this Decemember. Last year, which was not very long ago, we had the ReGen toy sale, a coat giveaway, a hat and gloves giveaway, and a free meal offered by various churches in town. Now others are considering adding other things to do on that day. I like it.
 
I spent a fair amount of time thinking about Honduras yesterday. I have a trip coming up pretty soon, which I am really excited about. We'll build a house or two, maybe a couple of outhouses, and feed a lot of people. Oh, did the outhouse thing catch your attention?
 
Last summer our team spent a night out in the village of Guajire, which was really neat and helped draw us closer to our Honduran friends, literally and spiritually. The problem was that there is not a decent outhouse closer than a 5 minute walk. We hope to help the church and village by constructing a couple of outhouses. These could then be used by us this summer. I'm hoping we can stay at night or two.
 
We may also construct a shower box or two. This would be a place where we could bring in those portable camping shower bag things. That was a technical description. My vision of the great banquet in Guarjire this summer involves us working side by side with our Honduran friends preparing food for all those who will come. I believe it could be, as they say, epic!
 
Cranked out a few more miles yesterday, feeling Tuesday night's tempo. It got them in and done. That's about all there is to say about them. Today I hope to find 5 more. Tomorrow will be a break from running and time on the bike. Then Saturday I hope to do the double: 10 on the run and 20 or so on the bike.
 
I have lots to do today in preparation for Sunday, and then, and I think this is a first for me, I have a funeral this evening. It's going to be a good and long day, so I guess I better get going on it.

No comments: