Friday, January 04, 2013

Friday a.m.



Good morning! It's Friday. I should be getting ready to leave to take Kedra for the surgery that is to fix her wrist, but that has to wait until Monday now. She was really sick Wednesday night and ran a fever yesterday, so that have postponed her surgery until Monday. I think she had a decent night last night, so hopefully she will feel better today.

This is Rebecca's last day at home for a while. She leaves in the morning to go back to Nashville. I think she is ready to go. I don't think we are quite to that point - ha ha. She'll only be 4 hours away. It's nice, also, that Luke lives in Nashville. He is very good to help her with anything she needs.

Last night was my first time back in the water since August. I was pleasantly surprised by my effort. My main goal last night was to get back in the water and try to find some comfort there. I did 500 yards with a kick board and then another 100 with my unique free style - ha ha. Anyway, it was a very good start for me. I am way ahead of where I started last year in February. My Ironman dream is alive and energized!

Today I am going to get on the bike trainer for a few miles, and I may run a little. We are planning on a 10 miler in the morning, which will be really good. I have 27 degrees this morning. I thought it was supposed to be colder than that? The sky is clear, so maybe we are going to get a lot warmer today than predicted? That would work for me. I love snow, but I would like to melt this one off and start over in a week or two.

I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by!. Oh, I think I am going to post my 2013 Goals, mostly about endurance athletics, today, so if you have any interest in that, you may want to check in later.

No comments: