Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Ready to load 41 1000 pounds bales + shoes, belts, purses
Hey good morning! You ready for a Thursday? I am. I'm going to really get after it today and see what happens. It's so nice to wake up, knowing my little girl is asleep in her room. Also, she brought home some nice Costa Rican coffee. It's good!

I stayed around the house quite a bit yesterday because of Rebecca. She had lots of people come by to see her, so I spent a lot of time in my office getting some good things done. I did leave the house long enough to go help load a semi with bales of clothes. Our pro forklift driver was unavailable, because the truck showed up earlier than we thought. Warren did the driving, and I did the assisting, moving our stacking boards around. It all went well and will result in lots of ministry dollars. Blessed.

We had a very interesting class last night as we imagined the life of Joseph. We don't really know what happens to him. We see a little bit around the birth of Christ and another glimpse when Jesus is 12. That's it. He disappears from the story. Our discussion then led us into thinking about the childhood of Jesus. There is so much we do not know.

Later on today I hope to get a 10 miler in. I hope to run 5 of those with Tim S. I am hoping for 10 today and another 10-12 on Saturday. I know the 1500 goal is just a number and really doesn't mean that much, but, hey, it's there. I've had several years where I've run farther than that, so it's not about that kind of goal.

OK, I have lots to do today: sermon, slides, bulletin insert, life group discussion guide, see several people, pay for the new furnace we put in, and whatever else could happen. I think I better get going. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: