Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday a.m.

Good morning and happy Friday to you! What do you have in mind today? And what are your plans for the weekend? It looks like today is going to be nice, really nice. I have my bike positioned in my basement so that I walked by it when I go to my office. I thought this morning I heard it calling me to go for a ride this afternoon. I am determined to do more cool weather riding this winter. IronBill inspires me. He's going to ride outside some this winter. I need to change my wheels and organize my cold weather gear to make it all happen. Hmmm, we'll see.
 
Yesterday was a very good, productive day. I got a lot of my Sunday prep finished, and I ended up seeing several people. One guy I see in the nursing home has really declined in the last 2-3 weeks. I'm concerned about what's going on with him.
 
Late afternoon I was able to meet up with Tim S, IronBill, Tim the Elder, and Bart for a nice 5 mile run and fun conversation. I had 5 miles on my own, so class, how many miles did I run yesterday? What's that? You hate story problems? OK, I ran 10 miles.
 
Run in 2012: 1423.19   Needed to reach 1500: 76.81   Days left: 17   Need to ave per day: 4.5
 
I plan to do 10-12 in the morning, so I am plugging away and should make it. Again, this is not a big deal, but I know me. I need something to keep me going. I don't have any focused event close enough to motivate me right now. I'm eating my fair share of sweets presently, so the running is helping to keep me from looking like Santa.
 
We are enjoying Rebecca. Last night she Skyped her "little sister" in Costa Rica. It was amazing to hear her (Rebecca, not the Costa Rican girl - ha ha) speak Spanish so easily. She has formed friendships that, thanks to easy Internet communication, will likely last a lifetime. That's really nice.
 
I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: