Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday a.m.


Good morning! Is it Wednesday? Already? It's a nice cold morning out there, which is fine with me. Looks like a very nice day ahead. This is good, because I have a lot of things today, which include considerable driving.

I need to go to a funeral in Salem this morning. I prefer to go to visitations, where you can speak more freely to the family, etc., but my schedule yesterday did not permit me to go. I do find funerals interesting. As a former director of a hospice program, I used to attend lots of funerals of hospice patients. It's interesting to me to watch and listen as a person or persons try to sum up a (deceased) person's life. Some do it well and some don't. I think, from time to time, what my funeral will be like. I guess it depends on how long I live. People who live a long time usually have smaller funerals. They outlive their peers and the people who know them. What will your funeral be like?

OK, I'm not sure how I got on that. Well, actually I can see how I did, but let's move on to something else. What would you like to talk about today? OK, running it is. We had a nice group run last night as the sun was setting. Even though it was on the cool side, it was a really nice evening to run. Here's the scoreboard:

Completed: 1357.18      Need: 142.18      Days left: 34

Running is going pretty well right now. I'm enjoying it and feeling pretty good. I need to find something to focus on, however, a race in the first part of the year. I also need to get in the pool. I was thinking January, but I feeling convicted that I should probably start sooner. I have some dread about it, but my desire to become a triathlete wins out over the dread. My dread is rooted in how poorly I swim. This winter I hope to fix that.

Today I am going to purchase about 150 pounds of pork to smoke. Wow, that's a lot isn't it? That means for the next 2 days my smoker is going to be smoking away. It's going to be challenging to get it all done, but it's for a good cause. We are selling it for our Honduras trip in the summer.

Well, I have lots to do this morning and beyond, so I better get going. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: