Friday, October 26, 2012

Wishful Thinking



A despondent woman was walking along the beach and saw a bottle on the sand. Picking it up, she pulled out the cork. Whoosh! Through a big puff of smoke she saw a genie!

The genie said, "I grant you three wishes, but be aware that for each thing you wish, your mate will receive double."

"Why?" the woman asked. "That bum left me for another woman."

"This is just how it works," replied the genie.

The woman shrugged and then asked for a million dollars. A million dollars appeared at her feet! At the same instant, in a far-off place, her wayward husband received twice that amount at his feet.

"And your second wish?"

"Genie, I want the world’s most expensive diamond necklace." Instantly the woman was holding the precious treasure, and, in that distant place, her husband was looking for a gem broker to buy his diamond necklace.

"Genie, is it really true that my husband has two million dollars and more jewels than I do, and that he gets double of whatever I wish for?"

"Yes, it is absolutely true. He gets double of what you ask for."

The woman thought for a moment, smiled, and then said, "Okay, genie, I’m ready for my last wish."

"Proceed."

"Scare me half to death!"

I’m thinking along these lines: I’m glad we don’t have genies like that. And this is a pretty good thought also:

Proverbs 20:22 — Do not say, "I’ll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you.

Have a great weekend and go to church for Heaven’s sake!

No comments: