Monday, October 29, 2012

Who are you Following?

There is a tombstone somewhere, maybe in Indiana, that bears these engraved words:

Remember man as you pass me by

As you are now so once was I

As I am now so you will be

So prepare for death and follow me

Underneath those words an unknown passerby scratched this reply:

To follow you I'm not content

Until I know which way you went

That’s clever, funny, and right, isn’t it?

And it raises a good point on this Monday.

Just who or what are you and I following?

Jesus in Luke said, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

We know where he is, and that is where we want to be.

I’m going to do my best to live like him, following him this week, knowing there may be pain involved. Will you help me and join me?

No comments: