Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Falling fast
Wednesday! Good morning to you. How did you get here so quickly? What a nice, mild morning we have. The last few days have been why October is my favorite month of the year, and I guess the great weather continues for another day or so? It's fine with me if it wants to stick around a little longer. I'm OK if it doesn't however, striving to be content no matter what, recognizing each day as a gift from God. (Some gifts are better than others, right? No offense to the Lord.)

Yesterday was unusual, since a lot of it was tied to a funeral. Funerals themselves are not that long, but preparing for them takes a while, and then there is often a meal following, like yesterday. It adds up to several hours, and I would say those are the some of the best spent hours of the week. Most preachers much prefer funerals to weddings. Funerals provide real opportunities to truly minister. Weddings? Not much spiritual focus, usually. ha ha. Don't take me wrong! I enjoy most of the weddings I do. OK, I'll quit digging.

Some other significant things happened yesterday as well. I finally got my race association to get our Give Thanks 4 online registration up and running. The race is only 4 weeks from tomorrow. Yikes! There is a lot to do, and we've already done quite a bit. We are changing our T-shirts this year and seeking more sponsors. Ask me what a $100 sponsorship gets you! That's what we are after: $100 sponsors. All profits from the race go toward helping the poor.

I went to Bedford last night to run with my friends. That is always encouraging and helpful. Last night was no exception. I can tell I am in taper. My legs feel like concrete poles and a pedestrian pace seems like a race. Oh well, this is the way it works.

Last night I went to the school board forum. Interesting. I've been asked several times to run, but I don't think I would like many aspects of serving. There are so many people running this time, that I'm not sure who will win. There were a couple of people last night that really probably eliminated themselves. The rest seemed pretty similar.

Today is going to be filled with lots of things, and for the 3rd night in a row, I won't be home until 8:30 or later. Those are long days for this old man. I guess I better get going. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: