Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bitter vs. Better


Maybe this belongs to Zig Ziglar? "Everything that happens to you in life has the potential of making you bitter or better."

We get to choose, and sometimes it is such a hard choice! There IS injustice. Some things ARE NOT right. It happens. It stings and stinks. Life is often not fair.

What are you going to do? Bitter or better?

It’s much easier to be bitter, because it’s hard work becoming better. It requires faith that God is working in the injustice to shape and conform you into something better, something closer to his pure image.

You know, there is only one letter’s difference between bitter and better. Bitter has an I in it, and that may just be the key point: there is a much greater chance of bitterness if I focus on that I, as in Me, Myself, and I.

I become better when I focus on what God is wanting me to become.

No comments: